Sunday, April 12, 2020

Survivors - 3.8 Sparks

I didn't like this episode very much. It's the first one that I've decided I won't bother to re-watch. The dear old fascist lady is a bit of a hard sell for me I'm afraid.

Jenny is the best thing in it, having to deal with Frank manipulating her into impersonating Alec's wife to get him through drug-induced emotional catharsis. Alec being the guilt-ridden electrical engineer who they set off to find at the end of the last ep. I wish they'd done more 'angry Jenny' scenes in the earlier series. Mind you, she had her stroppy moments in series 1, arguing with Dr Tyler in ep 1 and kicking the boxes around in ep 2.

I love it when any of the survivors eat out in the open with a knife in one hand, I think it must be some kind of latent class resentment of my own coming to the surface, seeing people like them forced into such uncouth behaviour.

First cat in Survivors I think. Charles opined in 1.4 that they were all dead.

Alec is the 4th Scottish survivor. 'What's wrong with Scotland?' What indeed.

Dating: they met Brod 'a couple of months ago' so it can't be March any more, thank god, it must be May. But then it's already been May in 3.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment