Sunday, August 26, 2018

1.2 Tit Punch

'He called you "inmate".'

I didn't find this one quite so distressing as 1.1. The naked malice of the starvation campaign is upsetting at first, until Red explains she couldn't accept an apology even if she wanted to. She's as much a victim of the oppression machine as Piper is.

Piper goes along with the code of omerta by refusing to take the food offered by Alex. In one sense she's collaborating in her own oppression - in another, she's avoiding a worse moral compromise.

The broad Rrrrussian flashback comedy a little too broad for me.

I suppose Healy's prurient interest in lesbian sex is holding a mirror up for the prurient audience to look into.

The Mad Men binge-watch references both amusing in relation to my own undertaking here, and as a metaphor for infidelity.

'Everyone saw how hard you worked.' That crystallised an uneasy 'practice level' feeling I had. It reminded me of that video game where you have to trap the rat to put in the stew to get the cook sacked to get his job to get paid the pieces of eight. But on the other hand I really wanted Piper's plan to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment