Monday, August 27, 2018

1.7 Blood Donut

'Just take the doughnuts'

The 'road less travelled' scene. I like it, but it feels like a scene. 'Let's re-emphasise the cultural distance between Piper and the others.'

As a longstanding Prisoner Cell Block H fan I enjoyed the laundry scene, which also had Alex being addressed as 'Lurch' just like Alice in Pris. I'm sure she shouldn't have threatened Pensatucky, even in that elegant way. There'll be trouble. She's too bold, just like she was when she tried to break the food blockade. And to think I was calling Piper's urge to apologise to her in the previous episode 'misguided'.

Larry chooses a margarita in the bar scene, just like Piper was drinking in the flashback to when she met Alex in 1.3.

Maybe the screwdriver episode has institutionalised me, but I was filled with terror every time Piper handled the hidden mobile phone. I was telling her 'No! no! put it back!' This show really is pushing my buttons. And I try not to watch things that will do that. Of course I have to carry on now.

No comments:

Post a Comment