Thursday, August 30, 2018

2.2 Looks Blue, Tastes Red

'I am in jail'

After the last ep's Piper-centric doomfest, one with no Piper at all, and lots of humour. I'd previously heard about the peanut butter bit, but I didn't expect it to be delivered with such finesse. I believe it's the most tasteful bestiality gag I've ever seen on television.

I felt let down by the apocalyptic Piper/Pennsatucky encounter from the end of series 1 being interpreted by the authorities as a fight for which both bore responsibility. Being used to Pris I assumed that the screwdriver would be produced as evidence and used to send Piper to max for good. Then again, Healy is just a clumsy, pathetic amateur compared to Joan Ferguson.

Fig is interesting - mostly I find the way she moves and speaks quite terrifying, I'm glad I don't work with her, I'd be afraid at any minute she was going to stab me. But there's a sort of jagged likeability as well.

A reminder btw that these posts are my reactions. I'm not setting out to represent the whole audience of the show, it's not necessary to tell me off for mentioning Piper all the time. I wouldn't be watching this in the first place if I wasn't interested in her.

No comments:

Post a Comment