Friday, December 30, 2011

Naive Avengersthon - 1. Hot Snow

Commencing a series of Avengers reactions. I know very little about The Avengers, but I do know that I have 139 episodes of it here waiting to be watched.

Okay... so the initial lineup is Steed and Dr David Keel, the latter motivated by having his fiance gunned down by the purveyors of the eponymous 'snow'. An incredibly dated, noirish feel to this, the ambience of a film like Hell Drivers or perhaps An Unearthly Child. Either way, I was expecting William Hartnell to pop up as one of the drug gang. And I had no idea that the expression 'coked up' was in use when this was made.

Only one reel of it exists, apparently, so it's difficult to comment further than saying that it hasn't put me off watching the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment