Sunday, August 09, 2015

Campbell Dodgson, and something not a lot of people know about him

It seems that not only was Campbell 'the second master objects to this' Dodgson indeed related to Charles Dodgson, as I half suspected anyway, but also that, 30 years after Babbacombe when he was Keeper of Prints and Drawings at the British Museum, his chauffeur had a cookery-obsessed son who the world would come to know as Len Deighton.

Or to put it another way, Campbell Dodgson's chauffeur was Len Deighton's father.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Campbell Dodgson was a remarkable man in so many ways. I heard about him growing up, but recently I have become addicted to finding out everything about him. He was my great-grandfather's brother, my grandfather's uncle, and enormously kind to his nieces and nephews. He was a peace-maker, I have some preliminary, inadequate facts about him here http://drsusanna.org/drsusannarelatives/campbelldodgson.html

Post a Comment