Saturday, June 17, 2017

On Tuesday afternoon I went to an appointment in Putney, on the fourth floor of a building overlooking the river. I was given some good news, that they didn't need to see me again, so when I came out at 3pm I was in a really good mood. I noticed that there was a fine view north over London from the staircase, and I spent some time looking at the various high buildings, like the Post Office Tower and the Walkie Talkie and that one that looks like a set of steps that they keep advertising in the FT. It was a beautiful afternoon with white clouds and blue distances. I nearly took a picture but decided I'd better hurry on back to the car park, which was lucky, because maps show that in my happy good news memory picture Grenfell Tower would have been prominent camera front.

No comments:

Post a Comment