Thursday, April 22, 2004

After my mismanufactured cassette disappointment with series 7 part 1, there were several weeks of waiting for a replacement. Then there was more waiting for the boxed set for the second part of the series to become available. I hadn't been at such a pitch of anticipation since I was a child.

(Actually that isn't true. The last time I was at such a pitch of anticipation was when I was waiting for the BBC to start showing series 6.)

It was a momentous day when the set arrived. A day that ended in tragedy. 45 seconds into the first episode, a line of interference ran down the picture accompanied by a loud buzz on the sound track. 45 seconds later, it happened again. It was the same everywhere on the tape.

I cried real tears at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment