Tuesday, April 20, 2004

I am afraid. I'm afraid that American soldiers are coming to take me away. They'll be grim faced and professional, while anyone is watching. Their leader will look a bit like Riley in his Initiative days, and the resemblance, far from being any comfort, will jar horribly. But at least that will give me something to think about as I'm being manhandled into a vehicle. I'll be sorry I was ever pleased that Ethan Rayne gets bundled off into constitutional limbo at the end of A New Man. I'll think about the remarkable prescience of whoever wrote that episode. I'll need to, to distract me from the nasty looks that pseudo-Riley's second-in-command is giving me. It can't be Forrest, because Riley killed him, but he'll be just as hostile. I'll surely be only seconds away from being clouted round the head with a rifle butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment